Thursday, November 19, 2009

Alicia Keys Makes a Message and Accessory


On November 23rd, Alicia Keys will debut her line of jewelry called The Barbers Daughter with jewelry artist, Gisèle Theriault. The singer/songwriter was introduced to the brand through her band mates. Each accessory has a poem or prayer inscribed on them from author, Emoto Masaru. Alicia Keys told Women's Wear Daily, “I fell in love with the individuality of the pieces, but more than that, the words that were written on them really resonated with the songwriter in me,” said Keys. “I knew at that moment, for the first time, that through a whole other medium I would be able to spread inspiration and that’s what got me started.” Keys believes the jewelry will send a positive message out to consumers. The pieces are really beautiful. Go to the link above to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment